Last week in the lounge, I noticed that my friend Veronica had brought a lunch to school that looked and smelled delicious. She told me that it was Crock Pot Pizza. She said that a parent of a student had once made this casserole for her and other teachers. Veronica asked for the recipe after tasting the casserole, and I asked for it after seeing/smelling it! I haven't made it yet, but would like to soon. And now that summer vacation has begun, I can let it cook in a crock pot during the day!
Recipe for: Crock Pot Pizza
From: Veronica
Ingredients:
1.5 lbs. hamburger
1 chopped onion
1 chopped green pepper
3.5 oz. pepperoni
1 small can drained mushrooms
15 oz. pizza sauce
15 oz. spaghetti sauce
1 bag wide egg noodles
8 oz. shredded mozzarella
8 oz. shredded cheddar
Directions:
1. Brown hamburger, onion, and green peppers. Drain. Add mushrooms and sauces. Simmer. Cook and drain noodles.
2. Layer in crock pot or casserole dish as follows: hamburger mixture, noodles, cheeses, pepperoni. Repeat until all ingredients are gone.
3. Cook on low heat until cheese melts (if using crock pot), or bake at 350 degrees to melt cheese (if using casserole dish).
4. You can add/substitute sausage for hamburger as well as other ingredients you like on pizza.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment