Friends, family and loyal blog readers know that my curls went missing about 6 months ago. After routinely using a flat iron, my hair lost much of its curl. When I attempted to wear it curly, I got a combination of wavy hair on top and stick-straight hair on the bottom. Not a good look. Because it looked awful when I tried to wear it curly, I used the flat iron more.
In April, my hairstylist (who is shared by my sister and now, Jim) applied a Malibu treatment to my hair to rid it of any build-up. It didn't help much. When we traveled to Punta Cana over Spring Break, my curls returned. I knew then that my curls hadn't disappeared for good. When we returned to Wisconsin, I wondered why my hair was so curly over vacation, but straight and lackluster here. I knew that the humidity in Punta Cana had something to do with it, but the rainy weather here in Wisconsin should have had the same effect. I began to question the quality of our water. I could have sworn that I had filled the water softener with salt a month or two prior. When I checked, however, I found that there was indeed no salt in our softener.
Once we added salt to our softener, I thought my hair problems would cease to exist. No such luck. I continued to struggle with my hair over the remainder of the school year.
Last week, I went in to see Niki for a much-needed haircut and highlight. I also asked her to apply the Malibu treatment once again. I spent two full hours in her chair that day, but it was worth it! I got my curls back! I feel like myself again!
I have sworn off the flat iron for the summer. It wouldn't stay very straight in the humidity even if I did use it.
And that, my friends, is how Becky got her groove - I mean - curls back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Although I did like your hair straight, it was totally weird seeing you like that.
I'm glad the classic Becky has returned!
Post a Comment