Sunday, June 21, 2009

Good Eats: Chicken Creole with Chile Cream Sauce

After I completed my last "Teacher Work Day" on Tuesday, I was tired and unmotivated. I didn't know what to make for dinner, and was close to suggesting that we go out to eat that night. Just then, along came my sister to save the day! She recommended a recipe for a meal that she and Matt have enjoyed. Sue convinced me that it would be easy and quick, which was exactly what I needed.

The meal was scrumptious! Jim immediately proclaimed it as a "keeper". We scarfed the food down, leaving a small amount for leftovers the following day. The meal was so good that Jim and I got into a fight over the leftovers, with me eventually giving in and swearing that I would hide all leftovers from that point forward!

And Sue was right...the meal was quick and easy to prepare. Thanks, Sue, for the recipe! You're such a good big sister!

Recipe for: Chicken Creole with Chile Cream Sauce
From: My sister, Sue

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 teaspoon Creole or Cajon seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil (if cooking chicken on the stove)
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup water
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 cup sour cream
Hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
*My sister suggested that I double the ingredients for the chile cream sauce (2 cans soup, 1 cup water, 2 cans chiles, 2 teaspoon lime juice, 1 cup sour cream), and grill the chicken.

Directions:
1. Season chicken with Creole seasoning.
2. Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned. (My sister suggested that I grill the chicken).
3. Add soup, water, chiles, and lime juice to the skillet. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 5 minutes or until done. (If grilling the chicken, allow the soup mixture to heat before putting the chicken into the pan. Cut the chicken into strips before doing so. Warm the chicken in the soup mixture.)
4. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve over rice. Top with shredded cheddar cheese if desired. Use tortillas to dip into the meal.

1 comments:

Mtbkr said...

Your sister Sue sounds really smart and creative...she also must be really cool!

Post a Comment