Rather than writing report cards (which are due on Wednesday) this morning, I chose to give Good Times a new look. Although it has been just 6 months since the debut of Good Times in cyberspace, I have long wished to change the appearance of the blog. I had found some different templates (called "blogskins") online, but was worried about losing the contents of Good Times in the transition.
This morning, I decided to make the big move to a different look. Though it took me some time to make the changeover complete, it was relatively easy to do. I am glad that I followed the instructions that I found at http://www.simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com/ for changing my template. I was warned to copy and save all of the page elements before uploading the new template, as many elements are often lost in the transition. After uploading the new template (labeled as "Patterned and Pretty"), I found that I had indeed lost most of the elements in the sidebar. It was putzy, but relatively easy to add those pictures and lists once again.
I'm fairly pleased with the new look. I'm still trying to figure out how to reposition the title of the blog so that it does not appear to say "Good Limes". Any words of wisdom on that issue would be appreciated!
I added a fun new feature called "Reactions". You can choose from the following "reactions" to my posts: funny, interesting, and cool. Just check the box below the post to give a simple response to the article.
I hope that you enjoy the new Good Times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Becky, I love the new look of your blog. I used the website that you put on here to do the same to my blog. I love her layouts so much better than what is offered. Thanks for the info!
Post a Comment