Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Deals and Steals

Every year in early June, our subdivision holds a rummage sale. Three years ago, I happened upon a garage sale that would forever change my life. At this particular rummage, I found new or slightly worn, tags-still-attached, brand name clothing in my size for dirt cheap prices. I immediately called my friend Veronica to share with her the news of my discovery. An hour or two later, we both walked away with armfuls of clothing, shoes, and scarves.

Every year since, Veronica and I have been back to the same rummage sale to find similar bargains. We, in fact, look forward to the sale so much that we talk about it weeks in advance. Veronica, baby Samara, and I visited the sale tonight to each leave once again with armfuls of loot.

I'm not sure what this woman does for a living that affords her the ability to shop as she does, but I do hope that she continues to shop and sell her clothing at the subdivision sale! You should see what she sells - Coach purses, Ugg boots, Columbia coats, J. Crew sweaters, and more! And all for ridiculously low prices (She did raise prices a bit this year, though)! She seems to buy every item in every available color, and it doesn't appear as if any of the clothes are ever worn.

Veronica and I are both so pumped about the deals and steals that we got at the sale. I purchased several J. Crew sweaters (one still had a tag still attached - it was regularly priced at $58), a pair of GAP jeans, a pair of Express crop pants, a pair of American Eagle pajama pants, and...drumroll please...Ugg boots for $20! Seriously! Who is this woman?

I'm already looking forward to next year's sale. If we ever moved away, I would return each year for her rummage. I'd have to! Who could pass up such deals and steals?

Check out my finds below:



2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Uhmm...invite ME next year please!!!

Jj said...

OMG that is awesome! Do you think she scours the net to find super duper clearance prices? But even then it can't be like she's making a ton of money...this IS a mystery indeed. And I'm totally jealous.

Post a Comment