This week, I bought my first strawberries of the season. I bought two pints of strawberries; I used the first to make strawberry shortcakes for dessert one evening, and should have used the other to make this salad. Instead, I let it sit a few too many days in the refrigerator, allowing the strawberries to grow mold and go to waste (Don't you hate how quickly strawberries mold?).
This salad would perfectly accompany any meal, or it could make a small meal in itself. Enjoy!
Recipe for: Strawberry Spinach Salad
From: Sue and Matt
Ingredients:
1 package (10 oz.) fresh baby spinach
1 pint whole fresh strawberries
1/2 cup roasted pecan pieces
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions:
1. Wash and remove stems from spinach leaves. Dry between layers of paper toweling.
2. Wash and drain strawberries. Core berries, then cut in half or slice.
3. Roast pecan pieces for about 5-7 minutes in 350 degree oven. Recipe can be made in advance ot this point.
4. For the dressing, combine oil, vinaigrette, salt, sugar, and mustard in bowl or large measuring cup and whisk until well blended.
5. Just before serving, toss spinach, strawberries, pecans, and poppy seeds together. Pour dressing over spinach mixture and toss until coated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Awesome,Becky, I can hardly wait for all your new Sunday Good Eats, this sounds like a winner
Awesome Becky, I love all your Good Eats!!
PERFECT! My farm share this week has strawberries and spinach. She will be mine.
Oh yes, she will be mine.
Post a Comment