Today, the kindergarten students and teachers took our annual trip to the Milwaukee County Zoo. It turned out to be a nice day for a visit. Though it was damp and cool this morning, the skies cleared late in the morning. With 11 parent volunteers chaperoning and 21 students in my class, I was left to roam the zoo without students in tow. In fact, I enjoyed a rather relaxing visit! I toured the zoo with my colleagues/friends, Cheryl and Kris.
One of our first stops was the giraffe exhibit, where other visitors happened to be feeding the giraffes while we watched. To sound a bit like the Wizard of Oz - obsessed kid from A Christmas Story, "I like the zoo. I like the giraffes." Giraffes are truly my favorite animals to visit at the zoo. They are such unique, interesting animals. It was fun to watch the giraffes take food (leaves and crackers) from visitors' hands. They anticipated the food by sticking their long, black tongues out. The next time I visit the zoo, I think I'd like to try feeding the giraffes. It seemed like a neat experience!







1 comments:
Becky--Glad you were able to enjoy the zoo with coworkers Hope you enjoy your last few days of school
Post a Comment